This Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care regarding the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- Google Services
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- Third-party Links and Advertising
- Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Retention of Data
- Transfer Of Data
- Disclosure Of Data
- Do Not Track
- Log Files
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CCPA)
- Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Fair Information Practices
- Anti-SPAM – CAN SPAM Act
- Data Protection Officer – Contacting Us
- Changes To This Policy
1 – Definitions
- Service : Service is the https://www.alacostacenters.org website operated by Ala Costa Centers, Inc.
- Personal Data : Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data : Usage Data is data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies : Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) : Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) : Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
2 – Security
Your visit to our website is encrypted and transmitted to us securely. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the top or bottom of your web browser, or looking for “HTTPS” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. The computers/servers on which we host our website or store email addresses for inquiries in progress are kept in a secure environment.
3 – Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Ala Costa Centers does not knowingly collect personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We may use your information, such as your email address, to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone, except as required by law enforcement. How do we protect your information?
- We only provide news, articles, and information.
- We never ask for Social Security (or similar), or credit card numbers.
- We use computer and server Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
4 – Cookies
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
5 – Google Services
The website, www.alacostacenters.org, uses diverse services from the American company, Google LLC. These services may include Google Analytics, Google Analytics Ads, Google Signals, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Google reCAPTCHA, Google Fonts and Google Maps. Google LLC (hereinafter referred to as Google) is certified under both the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks, and their certifications can be viewed on the Privacy Shield list
. Ala Costa Centers, Inc. has a data processing agreement with Google for the utilization of the various Google tools and services listed above. Google reCAPTCHA:
6 – Your Access to and Control Over Information
- You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time by contacting us via the email at email@example.com
- You may request any data we have about you, if any.
- You may change/correct any data we have about you, if any.
- You may have us delete any data we have about you, if any.
- You may express any concern you have about our use of your data, if any.
7 – Third-party Links and Advertising
Information regarding how to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on desktop and mobile websites for:
You can also opt out of interest-based advertising with some of the service providers we use, such as Google https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
. In addition, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Ad Choices tool offers a centralized place to opt out of the sale of personal information by any or all DAA participating companies that are collecting your personal information across multiple digital properties. Please keep in mind that Ala Costa Centers does not control the activities of DAA participants or have the ability to verify or enforce any participant’s compliance with any DAA standards. Learn more about the DAA and check the status of their CCPA Opt Out Tool at https://www.privacyrights.info
8 – Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Ala Costa Centers, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us
. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Ala Costa Centers, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
8 a) – Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
8 b) – Retention of Data
8 c) – Transfer Of Data
8 d) – Disclosure Of Data Service Providers:
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Business Transaction:
Under certain circumstances, Ala Costa Centers, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Ala Costa Centers, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
9 – Do Not Track
Certain web browsers may allow you to enable a “do not track” option that sends signals to the websites you visit indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking cookies, as browsers with the “do not track” option selected may still accept cookies. Currently, there is no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may be adopted in the future. We do not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will modify this Policy accordingly. More information about “do not track” is available at www.allaboutdnt.org
10 – Log Files
Like most other Websites, www.alacostacenters.org
sometimes makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information, are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. All log file information collected by Ala Costa Centers is kept secure and no access to raw log files is given to any third party. Log Retention: Logs with users’ identifiers removed (but including IP addresses and user agent strings) may be retained for a period of time that balances privacy concerns with the need to ensure that log processing systems have time to operate; that operations engineers have time to monitor and fix technical and performance problems; and that security and data aggregation systems have time to operate. These logs will not be used for any other purposes.
11 – California Online Privacy Protection Act (CCPA)
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Under the CCPA, California residents have the following rights by law:
- The right to object to the sale of their personal data.
- The right to access one’s own personal information.
- The right to know which personal information is being collected.
- The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom.
Request of Information or Deletion: This request is reserved for California Residents only, and you are required to attest to your California residency. We will maintain a record of your request pursuant to Civil Code section 1798.105(d). If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) permits you to request access and request to delete personal information and categories of personal information about you. Before completing your request, we are required to verify your identity. We may email you to verify your email address, and may request additional documentation or information solely for the purpose of verifying your identity. If you are submitting a request on behalf of a consumer, you must attach written proof that you have been authorized by the consumer to operate on his/her behalf when you reply to the verification email. Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt within 10 business days and provide information about how we will process the request. Typically, we will respond to your request within 45 days from the day we receive your request. In certain circumstances, we may need additional time to respond to your request. If we do, we will notify you of the need for an extension, but, in any event, we will respond to your request within 90 calendar days from the day we receive your request. You understand that after submitting this request by any means listed below, you will be sent a verification email to confirm your request and must respond to the email with “I approve” in order for your request to be processed. This information will be used to process your CCPA request and for no other purpose. You can change your personal information or request deletion by:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org : Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt within 10 business days and provide instructions about the information we need from you, how we will verify your identity and Californian residence status, and how we will process the request.
- By phone: +1-(510) 527-2550 – NOTE: This Number is NOT Toll Free. CCPA regulations require that before a business releases personal data to fulfill a right-to-know request, that business must verify a consumer’s identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty.” If you call us, we will need information from you to confirm you are a California resident, to determine if we have personal information about you, and, for access and deletion requests, to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you about your request, and you can choose the contact method you would like us to use.
- By printing and filling the form located at: Do Not Sell then either emailing the form via attachment, or using the postal service to mail the form to us (email and postal information are included on the linked form page).
- By postal mail to: Ala Costa Centers, Inc.1300 Rose Street Berkeley, CA 94702 – (Please include your: Full name, email address (For verification purposes), Description of the information request you are seeking – or wish deleted, Return postal mail address.)
12 – COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, informational services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older.
13 – Fair Information Practices
To be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via in-site notification – Within 72 hours.
14 – Anti-SPAM – CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We will only collect your email address in order to:
- Send information in response to inquiries, or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Ala Costa Centers does not send out newsletters, advertisements, contests or any other form of unsolicited commercial email (UCE or SPAM). If you receive mailings with a forged AlaCostaCenters.com address, please forward the email to us for investigation. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
15 – Consent
16 – Data Protection Officer – Contacting Us
Any comments, complaints, or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to Ala Costa Centers’s Data Protection Officer, whose contact information is below: Executive Director Michael A. Pereira 1300 Rose Street Berkeley, CA 94702 USA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 (510) 527-2550
17 – Changes To This Policy